Aruba Apps

View Only
last person joined: 3 days ago 

The HPE Aruba Networking Apps board is designed to address questions, comments, and feature requests for all HPE Aruba Networking mobile Apps
Expand all | Collapse all

Existing ClearPass Services Modified for Meraki APs.

This thread has been viewed 15 times
  • 1.  Existing ClearPass Services Modified for Meraki APs.

Posted Jan 24, 2022 10:00 AM
    I am testing Meraki APs in our wireless environment. They will co-exist with existing Aruba APs and they will authenticate wireless users on ClearPass.

What I have done so far is to copy our existing services and then made changes to suit the Meraki APs.
    I then place the copied Meraki service directly below the Aruba service in the Services list.
    Even so ClearPass still occasionally mis-classifies the service and tries to assign a Meraki service to a user connecting to an Aruba AP.

I tried applying what I thought were unique conditions to the Meraki service in ClearPass but occasionally when someone attempts to connect to an Aruba AP, it get's assigned the Meraki service and the connection fails.

Has anyone done a configuration like this in ClearPass?

------------------------------
    Jim Van Scoyk

• 2.  RE: Existing ClearPass Services Modified for Meraki APs.

Posted Jan 24, 2022 10:49 AM
    I figured it out. It must have been Friday afternoon fog.
    In the conditions list I clicked the "Any" button instead of the "All" buttons.
    I remember looking at that many times and for some reason I had not noticed it.
    It seems to be working as intended this morning.

Jim Van Scoyk

• 3.  RE: Existing ClearPass Services Modified for Meraki APs.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 28, 2022 11:14 AM
    Access Tracker also helps here since you can view all the request attributes for both solutions. The easiest filter for separating Aruba and Meraki APs into unique services is to use device groups, but you may find other differences with the requests that can be used to trigger the classification you're after. Regardless, glad to hear you got it working.

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.