Training, Certification & Career

View Only
last person joined: 3 days ago 

Get more information about the HPE Aruba Networking technical training and certification programs. Network with your colleagues to improve your career, and post job availability for network engineers within your organization.
Expand all | Collapse all

Preparing for HPE6-A73

This thread has been viewed 67 times
  • 1.  Preparing for HPE6-A73

Posted Dec 04, 2020 12:42 AM

Good day hope all is well. I am preparing to write HPE6-A73. Study using the course material and additional guides. Would it be beneficial to buy the study guide from HPE Press. Any recommendations from what else to study from

------------------------------
    Danie Maloney

• 2.  RE: Preparing for HPE6-A73

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 04, 2020 05:15 AM
    I think it really depends on what hands-on experience you have. For myself, the course material and the exam guide PDF with some sample questions is enough, but I combine it with hands-on experience.

If you lack any hands-on, I can imagine the HPE Press study guides may help you to get some additional knowledge to pass the exam.

What is the experience of others??

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC.

• 3.  RE: Preparing for HPE6-A73

Posted Apr 06, 2021 05:13 PM
    Hello

I am in the same boat - I did Clearpass three years ago and Mobility Bootcamp (6.4 release!) roughly the same time - and I need to recertify but I think the delta's in the mobility (now that it's 8.x based) might catch me out. I have some hands-on with 8.x of course, but not officially trained as such. The Switching book that I read ages ago was excellent - I don't know if I need to refresh that for the CX as well - I see there is a new book for HPE6-A73 ?

I do think that Aruba/HPE should consider a study guide for this exam since it covers such a broad range of topics - Cisco ​has such books and at least it gives the learner some structure and refresher material - because, let's face it - we'd all love to take 5 days off for a Clearpass "refresher" training ... unlikely to happen for people who are already somewhat familiar with the content AND who are super busy. Repeat that for Mobility and Switching - a lot of training to ask for.

I did stumble on this HPE Link which lists a nice big table of Certifications and the study material that you could use - it's quite helpful.

Arne Bier