Comware

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Expand all | Collapse all

(1920 series ) Is there a way to get the VLAN "Port Detail" View in the CLI?

This thread has been viewed 16 times
  • 1.  (1920 series ) Is there a way to get the VLAN "Port Detail" View in the CLI?

Posted Feb 20, 2024 04:18 PM

The VLAN "Port Detail" listing of ports and tagged/untaged VLANS they are member of is very helpful to me. I even print it out and stick it next to the switch sometimes.

Is there a way to get this very same list as text from the CLI directly, without resorting to the Web Interface? Maybe with the "inofficial" undocumented CLI commands?

TIA
    /ralph -- yes, this is nothing really important, but would make my life with these old, cheap, but still very usable switches more pleasant

• 2.  RE: (1920 series ) Is there a way to get the VLAN "Port Detail" View in the CLI?

Posted Feb 21, 2024 03:17 AM

Hi

What is the exact model number for this 1920 switch ? JG920A/JG921A/JG922A  ?

For these models , there is a special CLI unlocking procedure :

connect to the switch (console or SSH) and type :

_cmdline-mode on
      (accept the warning message)

The unlocking code is : Jinhua1920unauthorized

Then, you have an entire comware cli available, where you can for example :

display vlan brief
    display interface brief
    display port trunk

------------------------------
    Frederic

• 3.  RE: (1920 series ) Is there a way to get the VLAN "Port Detail" View in the CLI?

Posted Feb 21, 2024 06:34 PM

Thanks, Frederic. My problem probably is, that there is no "display vlan brief" on my switch, even after entering the undocumented full mode:

Warning: Now you enter an all-command mode for developer's testing, some commands may affect operation by wrong use, please carefully use it with our engineer's direction.
    <hp1920>display vlan 
     Total 4094 VLAN exist(s).
     The following VLANs exist:
      1(default), 2-4094,
    <hp1920>display vlan brief
                         ^
     % Wrong parameter found at '^' position.

This is on a 

Next main boot app is: flash:/jg921a-cmw520-r1121.bin
    Next backup boot app is: NULL

HPE Comware Platform Software
    Comware Software, Version 5.20.99, Release 1121
    Copyright (c) 2010-2019 Hewlett Packard Enterprise Development LP
    HPE 1920-8G-PoE+ (65W) Switch uptime is 1 week, 0 day, 10 hours, 43 minutes

• 4.  RE: (1920 series ) Is there a way to get the VLAN "Port Detail" View in the CLI?

Posted Feb 22, 2024 05:07 AM

Hi

Sorry, syntax from a 5510 switch.

Maybe you can get 

display vlan all

Frederic

• 5.  RE: (1920 series ) Is there a way to get the VLAN "Port Detail" View in the CLI?

Posted Feb 21, 2024 08:03 AM

I don't have an answer to your question, but perhaps an alternative solution, depending on the number of Vlans you have.  Cable coloring standard.  
    Blue = Vlan 5
    Yellow = vlan 10
    green = vlan 20
    red = uplinks
    etc....

Something like that.  If you don't have a huge number of vlans, it works pretty well.  It's also nice when your tracing a cable for whatever reason.  Then if you start out tracing a blue cable and suddenly your following a yellow cable, you know you messed up somewhere.  Further, having uplink cables a special color also makes you really think "is this what I want to do" before pulling an uplink cable.

• 6.  RE: (1920 series ) Is there a way to get the VLAN "Port Detail" View in the CLI?

Posted Feb 21, 2024 06:40 PM

Thanks ktimm, but unless I am overlooking something, colour coding my cables will not help me e.g. find out if port 8 has vlans 2 and 8 or 1, 4 and 9 configured. Or even more confusing: What colour do you use for a port that has VLAN blue and red both as tagged 802.1Q (purple, because it is a mixture of blue and red?)?

• 7.  RE: (1920 series ) Is there a way to get the VLAN "Port Detail" View in the CLI?

Posted Feb 22, 2024 02:27 AM

Hi, in comware there isn't a way to get a nicely formatted table of interfaces versus vlans.

If you have only an untagged vlan on all ports you can use "dis int brief | i GE" as the PVID column shows that value.

Otherwise the nearest you can get is with the command "dis int | i Des|VLAN"

Which produces output like this:

Description: GigabitEthernet1/0/1 Interface
      Tagged   VLAN ID : none
      Untagged VLAN ID : 1
     Description: GigabitEthernet1/0/2 Interface
     Description: GigabitEthernet1/0/3 Interface