Network Management

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

2 Newb Questions

This thread has been viewed 8 times
  • 1.  2 Newb Questions

Posted Jan 14, 2023 10:16 AM
    Hey guys I have two questions that are sorta newbish:

1. I hate having to log in wot the virtual controller so often.  Also, Chrome won't record the password for me so I have to use my password manager which is inevitably locked. Anyway its a PITA so I don't know if there is a way to store it in Chrome or something.  I did get a macro plugin for chrome to try to make it a little smoother but that tool doesn't really work well!  I tried extended the login timeout but it didn't seem to work for the web gui.

2.  I have an OLD SSID that I have some lingering devices I sometimes would like to fire up that SSID to get it on the network and update network settings.  Is there a way to disable a SSID or turn it on and off without having to delete and re-create it each time I need it?

Thanks again!

Neil

• 2.  RE: 2 Newb Questions

Posted Jan 14, 2023 11:42 AM
    Not sure how to answer question 1... I use different authentication sources.

For question 2, it depends on your version of Aruba Instant OS (you mentioned virtual controller).

Look in the configuration of the SSID, and expand the 'show advanced options'

Near the Misc. section you should find the options to disable and hide the SSID