Network Management

View Only
last person joined: 20 hours ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

2 routers to 3810

This thread has been viewed 6 times
  • 1.  2 routers to 3810

Posted Dec 20, 2022 07:53 AM
    Hi, I am a newbie. Can someone please advice on how to achieve ?

I have a core switch which is 3810 feeding another switch on the ground floor which is 2930 . The 2930 currently has an Aruba instant access point plugged into it. The router is configured etc.

I have another new router installed recently. I would like to plug this into the core switch aswell and create a separate SSID onto the instant access point currently plugged into the switch on the ground floor. The new SSID should reflect/use the new router IP Range .

My understanding is that a new vlan will need to be created on the core switch and the 2930 on the ground floor and then tag instant access point to this new vlan? if this is correct then can someone guide me on how to exactly achieve this and how the routing will work?

thanks 

• 2.  RE: 2 routers to 3810

MVP GURU
    Posted Dec 23, 2022 04:20 AM
    Hi! I suggest you to explore an approach based on the PBR (Policy Based Routing) feature, with that you should be able to forward matching particular egress traffic to different gateways (routers)...