Aruba Central

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Expand all | Collapse all

2 VCs with the same name, how to split?

This thread has been viewed 19 times
  • 1.  2 VCs with the same name, how to split?

Posted Oct 31, 2023 02:07 PM

hi!

I need some advice of a situation im trying to resolve.

i have 55 APs in a group with 2 VCs with the same name. Both are in differents subnet/broadcast domain. When i try to move one of the VC to another group, both move, even  when i dont select the other VC. 

Why is this happening? and how can i split for 2 VC?

• 2.  RE: 2 VCs with the same name, how to split?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 01, 2023 09:48 AM

Can you rename one of the VCs to have a different name? I would not expect multiple VCs to have a same name and can imagine it causes issues like these.

If that's not possible or both VCs are renamed, then if you can block internet access (to Central) from one of the Instant clusters, and rename the one that is still up/managed, that may work. Otherwise this may be a good one to discuss with Aruba Support.

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: 2 VCs with the same name, how to split?

Posted Nov 02, 2023 09:21 AM
    We figured out how to solve our problem.
    We change all the APs to standalone mode and remove their license, then we configure all the licenses again and move all VCs for the correct groups and change again foi cluster mode.