Aruba Central

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Expand all | Collapse all

2930M blocked by Central

This thread has been viewed 19 times
  • 1.  2930M blocked by Central

Posted Nov 27, 2023 11:58 AM

We have a 2930M switch we're trying to onboard in Aruba Central (it was previously part of Aruba Central prior to the Greenlake migration).

Now when onboarding to the new Greenlake Central we see an error message that says it's blocked by Central. TAC agrees it's a bug however they haven't come back with a solution after several weeks. 

Has anyone encountered this or any suggestions. We need to deploy to a new site and time is running out.

• 2.  RE: 2930M blocked by Central

Posted Nov 29, 2023 02:33 PM

Is it possible to onboard this switch as a new device?

• 3.  RE: 2930M blocked by Central

Posted Nov 30, 2023 02:15 PM

yes, we did a factory reset on it - no luck; the TAC created a bug ID

• 4.  RE: 2930M blocked by Central

Posted Nov 30, 2023 04:02 PM

Thank you! I mean if you removed it from Aruba Central first, then did a factory reset, and onboard as a new device in Aruba Central.

• 5.  RE: 2930M blocked by Central

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 06, 2023 05:54 AM

Not sure if you succeeded already, but in my experience this is not a bug but an operation that the cloud team needs to take to find where your switch is currently registered, and have it removed. Blocked by Central means that the device is registered somewhere else in another account.

I'm afraid that creating a bug for it will not result into anything.

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.
    ------------------------------