Aruba Central

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Expand all | Collapse all

2nd hand access point seized control of my access points

This thread has been viewed 30 times
  • 1.  2nd hand access point seized control of my access points

Posted Oct 08, 2023 11:55 PM

I purchased a couple of 505 access points to replace my 305 and 304 IAPs.

Fired up a 505, worked like a charm in joining the cluster, had mesh mode working --- was all great.

Then I noticed the configuration menu missing in the WebUI and that the system was being managed by Aruba Central.

I returned the 505s to the seller, but now I have lost control over both my 305 and 304.  Even after resets they insist that they are under Aruba Central control

HELP! I've now lost control of my network!!!!!

• 2.  RE: 2nd hand access point seized control of my access points

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 09, 2023 05:13 AM

That could be, if the customer that had the AP505 managed by Central has 'autosubscribe' turned on. Apparently someone is paying a Central subscription to manage your APs. If you know who manages that Central account, they can unsubscribe the APs and release them back to you. Another option would be to block traffic to Central or use the 'activate-disable' command to disable all Central/Activate communication on the AP. But still then, if a some point the config is reverted, your APs may connect back to Central so best is to find the account owner and make sure they release your AP(s).

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: 2nd hand access point seized control of my access points

Posted Oct 10, 2023 06:30 PM

Thank you very much for the response.  No way I can find the owner, so my entire network is trashed.   $1,000 into the toilet because of this.  Last Aruba device I ever use .... really disappointing