Security

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

30 sites: One SSID, one vlan global, now one site one SSID two vlans

This thread has been viewed 14 times
  • 1.  30 sites: One SSID, one vlan global, now one site one SSID two vlans

Posted May 15, 2023 08:48 AM

Hello,

we have a customer with around 30 global sites with many SSID's with ClearPass running as a radius server.
    Wireless clusters are all Aruba Instant.

Now on one SSID, there is one site running out of IP-addresses in that vlan. DHCP server is a Windows server.
    We added a new vlan and subnet, tagged on the ports.
    Now I'm able to get users on the old or the new vlan, not both.

How do I get this implemented in ClearPass?
    I added a condition to look for the AP name. This works, now all clients receive only an IP-address in the new vlan.

Could this be done with Aruba Radius attributes?
    I cannot find the correct solution.

• 2.  RE: 30 sites: One SSID, one vlan global, now one site one SSID two vlans

Posted May 15, 2023 09:36 AM

What attributes are you responding with from ClearPass?  Are you responding with a role or VLAN ID/name?  Both?  

This network REALLY sounds like it could use a re-design.  Aruba Central for management, single SSID across sites, standardized VLAN IDs, and standardized ClearPass policies that rely on roles.

• 3.  RE: 30 sites: One SSID, one vlan global, now one site one SSID two vlans

Posted May 15, 2023 09:48 AM

Now if the user is a domain user, user can connect. I'm responding with a role and the role pushes the user / device to a vlan.

For this particular site, looking for the AP name.

The whole customer is standardized.
    same configuration on all sites (vlan id, vlan names, standard clearpass roles etc, complete IP-plan)

I have to extend the clearpass configuration to get this change done.

What is your suggestion Ahollifiled?

• 4.  RE: 30 sites: One SSID, one vlan global, now one site one SSID two vlans

Posted May 15, 2023 10:21 AM
    So how are they authenticating when it’s not working? What do your ClearPass logs show? Does the role specify a VLAN? What VLAN is not working? What role is sent when the user is a “domain user”? Need some more information here.

• 5.  RE: 30 sites: One SSID, one vlan global, now one site one SSID two vlans

Posted May 15, 2023 10:34 AM

Have ClearPass send back a VLAN name rather than VLAN ID. On the Instant VCs, define what VLAN IDs map to the VLAN Name.
    VLAN "User VLAN" = VLAN 30,40

That way the policy in ClearPass is standardized, but the "variables" are at the site-level.

------------------------------
    ACNSP | ACCP | ACMP | ACEP
    ------------------------------

• 6.  RE: 30 sites: One SSID, one vlan global, now one site one SSID two vlans

Posted May 15, 2023 10:38 AM

Thanks, I'll try