Controllerless Networks

View Only
last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

303hr (off ebay) is provisioned after going online

This thread has been viewed 50 times
  • 1.  303hr (off ebay) is provisioned after going online

Posted Sep 02, 2022 02:37 PM
    I have a couple of Aruba IAPs (315-RW and 303h-RW) that I bought a couple of years ago, both go online without losing settings so luckily they were properly cleared (or never registered?) on Aruba Central. Recently saw a posting on ebay for a 303hr that I can use to cover a dead spot in my place so I bought it.

Unfortunately, upon going online it doesn't accept the default admin/admin (also tried admin/Serial), version info before it went online:
    ArubaOS (MODEL: 303H), Version 6.5.3.0

So I assume the device is claimed in someones account.

The sale is recent and I contacted the seller explaining the problem and waiting for a response. Older threads on this forum mention creating an account on "activate.arubanetworks.com" and claiming the device, but I assume that no longer works.
    I understand that I can block access to a certain URL to prevent the device from provisioning or even use activate-disable after upgrading it, but I wish to do it proper/cleanly. Can someone from Aruba help me? Paperwork can be provided.

Thanks

• 2.  RE: 303hr (off ebay) is provisioned after going online

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 03, 2022 11:26 AM
    Did you try a factory reset?  https://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/Instant_83_WebHelp/Content/Instant_UG/IAP_maintenance/ResettingIAP.htm

------------------------------
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

HPE Design and Deploy Guides: https://community.arubanetworks.com/support/migrated-knowledge-base?attachments=&communitykey=dcc83c62-1a3a-4dd8-94dc-92968ea6fff1&pageindex=0&pagesize=12&search=&sort=most_recent&viewtype=card

• 3.  RE: 303hr (off ebay) is provisioned after going online

Posted Sep 03, 2022 01:11 PM
    Hi @cjoseph

Yes, I did.
    Upon resetting I can access the AP. Once it's connected to the internet it resets and kicks me out of ssh session. My understanding is that this means the AP is in someone's Aruba Central inventory (the radios never go up though).
    The fact that its running the same version stated on the box (6.5.3.0) tells me it was probably never deployed and later sold to my seller on ebay who sold it to me without it being properly decommissioned from the original buyer's account.
    ​​
    The seller has a 100% rating and 1000s of sales but regardless, if there's any doubt in the APs history, then I'm still in the return window. Please assist in either releasing the AP into an unprovisioned/unclaimed state so I can keep it, or let me know if there's anything shady about it and I will return it before the window expires.

Many thanks

• 4.  RE: 303hr (off ebay) is provisioned after going online

Posted Sep 04, 2022 05:54 AM
    The best was is to open the case and TAC will be able to help you. You will need a Proof of Purchase for AP. 

I did have the same problem when I get my demo AP back from prospect customer and it was still linked to his account.

Best, Gorazd

• 5.  RE: 303hr (off ebay) is provisioned after going online

Posted Sep 04, 2022 10:35 AM
    Hi @GorazdKikelj ,

I don't have a support contract, I don't think I can open a case..

Would appreciate if somehow you could let the appropriate people know to possibly assist in unlinking mine as well. Proof of purchase can be provided of course.

The seller got back to me today actually and it was: "Part of an office clearance with loads of different equipment, unable to remove that account.. Please return if unhappy for a full refund".

Please assist. Cheers

• 6.  RE: 303hr (off ebay) is provisioned after going online

Posted Sep 05, 2022 02:55 AM
    Hi @apman

You don't need to have support contract for case to be opened. AP has limited life time warranty and you just need administrative action and not technical support. On your place I'll open he case and provide POP. 

Best, Gorazd

• 7.  RE: 303hr (off ebay) is provisioned after going online

Posted Sep 05, 2022 06:32 AM
    Hi @GorazdKikelj ,

Thanks for your reply. So I registered and that seems to have gone ok. I can see the portal and on the top right I see where I need to open a case (Case Management):

As soon as I click it though I get..

Any idea what might be causing that? I think my account needs to be manually activated by a human.

• 8.  RE: 303hr (off ebay) is provisioned after going online

Posted Sep 05, 2022 06:41 AM
    Hi @apman,

Did you check TAC User Guide?

Best, Gorazd​

• 9.  RE: 303hr (off ebay) is provisioned after going online

Posted Sep 05, 2022 07:01 AM
    Hi @GorazdKikelj ,

Thanks for the document. I looked through it and it states:

"It may take up to one business day to finalize the creation of your new ASP account."

​I assume this is what you wanted to bring to my attention? I will try opening a case again tomorrow.

Thanks again for your time.

• 10.  RE: 303hr (off ebay) is provisioned after going online

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 05, 2022 07:55 AM
    I would recommend giving support a call, as that may be faster and you can explain the situation. You can find the dial-in numbers here.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 11.  RE: 303hr (off ebay) is provisioned after going online

Posted Sep 05, 2022 08:29 AM
    Hi @Herman Robers ,

There's no toll free number for my country. Since there seems to be a standard procedure (open a case and provide proof), I think no need for explaining the situation over an international call.

You could help by activating my account/allowing me to open a case please.

By the way, I bought my very first AP after watching your videos on youtube. This is all your fault! :)

• 12.  RE: 303hr (off ebay) is provisioned after going online

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 05, 2022 09:48 AM
    Unfortunately, I don't have access to account activation. So can't really help with that, except for sharing that phone calls in general work better if you have account issues or no contract. Hope it will be fixed for you.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 13.  RE: 303hr (off ebay) is provisioned after going online

Posted Sep 05, 2022 01:20 PM
    Colin sorted me out. Many thanks!​