Controllerless Networks

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

535 in power save mode

This thread has been viewed 40 times
  • 1.  535 in power save mode

Posted Aug 18, 2022 06:08 AM
    We have a few 535s connected with dual ethernet to 2930F/M switches. Some of the APs are in power-save mode and only drawing 11-12 Watts either through a single cable or 6-7 Watts through two cables each.

The configs are close to defaults but I tried to set PoE to high priority and allocate by class for the ports, but it didn't really change anything.

How to get these running at full 802.3at power? Turn off LLDP PoE allocation?

• 2.  RE: 535 in power save mode

MVP GURU
    Posted Aug 18, 2022 08:45 AM
    What is your exact switch model?

Please see the 535 Datasheet entry below:

------------------------------
    Dustin Burns

Lead Mobility Engineer @Worldcom Exchange, Inc.

ACCX 1271| ACMX 509| ACSP | ACDA | MVP Guru 2022
    If my post was useful accept solution and/or give kudos

• 3.  RE: 535 in power save mode

Posted Aug 18, 2022 09:07 AM
    We have 2930F models JL255A and JL256A and 2930M model JL322A, so they should give out full 802.3at power. We haven't touched IPM settings and don't use the USB ports, but we are providing power to both ethernet ports.

Perhaps we should configure IPM, or the LLDP allocation isn't negotiating correctly. I found a reddit post about the same problem that hinted that removing the device profile from the switch might help.

• 4.  RE: 535 in power save mode

Posted Sep 08, 2022 05:03 AM
    Any hints what might help?

• 5.  RE: 535 in power save mode
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 08, 2022 05:38 AM
    I suggest to enable IPM

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba.

• 6.  RE: 535 in power save mode

Posted Sep 09, 2022 09:08 AM
    Hi, you can check 2 things:
    Is lldp enable on the switch?
    Is the lacp active configured on the switch where the AP connects the 2 cables?

Hope this helps

• 7.  RE: 535 in power save mode

Posted Sep 09, 2022 10:28 AM
    Hi,

LLDP is enabled with defaults, no custom config. LACP is done with trunk 1/14,2/14 trk2 lacp, show lacp shows LACP mode as active. I guess since mode is active it's the same as done by int 1/14,2/14 lacp active?

• 8.  RE: 535 in power save mode

Posted Sep 10, 2022 11:26 AM
    on the switch input this cli.
    power-over-ethernet pre-std-detect

• 9.  RE: 535 in power save mode

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 10, 2022 08:14 PM
    AP535s always use standard PoE, so i don't thin this command will help.
    you can use this command to provide at power, where"3" is the port number where the AP is connected.
    "no lldp config 3 dot3TlvEnable poeplus_config"

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba.

• 10.  RE: 535 in power save mode

Posted Sep 14, 2022 08:09 AM
    After enabling IPM on the APs and disabling USB port from the web interface, I set poe-lldp-detect enabled on the switch interfaces. This seems to have done the trick. The LEDs are green now and no lldp config 3 dot3TlvEnable poeplus_config didn't seem to make difference on top of that so I took it off.

The APs are drawing about 10 W of power, but I guess that's all they need since they are operating on one band only and USB is off.

• 11.  RE: 535 in power save mode

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 14, 2022 08:33 PM
    wen yo enable IPM, you don't need no lldp config 3 dot3TlvEnable poeplus_config