View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Expand all | Collapse all

5406zl2 transceiver

This thread has been viewed 12 times
  • 1.  5406zl2 transceiver

Posted Oct 09, 2023 11:30 AM

HI,

I wonder if it is possible to connect a PC Ethernet port (10Gbps RJ45)  to a J9993a module (8 SFP+ 10Gbps) using a transceiver.

I know that these types of transceivers exist, but not sure that they are compatible with 5406zl series.

Has someone already done a similar connection ?

• 2.  RE: 5406zl2 transceiver
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 10, 2023 04:40 AM

Here is the AOS-Switch & AOS-CX Transceiver guide with all compatible transceivers. There is no 10G-BASET (10G copper) transceiver compatible with the 5406zl.

It may work with 'unsupported transceivers' but will void your warranty so is not recommended. Not sure if others have actually tried this and with what result.

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: 5406zl2 transceiver

MVP GURU
    Posted Oct 10, 2023 04:55 AM

Hi! "There is no 10G-BASET (10G copper) transceiver compatible with the 5406zl." neither with Aruba 5400R zl2 Switch series, I add. I presume the OP was referring to 5400R zl2 and not the older 5400zl for which, IIRC, the module J9993A wasn't supported.