Cloud Managed Networks

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss all things related to HPE Aruba Networking Central and UXI Network Management, including deployment of managed networks, configuration, best practices, APIs, Cloud Guest, AIOps, Presence Analytics, and other included Applications
Expand all | Collapse all

615's Disabling 2.4 or 5Ghz Radios when 6Ghz not enabled

This thread has been viewed 22 times
  • 1.  615's Disabling 2.4 or 5Ghz Radios when 6Ghz not enabled

Posted 13 days ago

Hi, We have a lot of customers experiencing this issue since the last Aruba Central update a week or two back. None of our customers have utilised 6Ghz yet so we have no SSIDs with this enabled yet.

Up until now, we have not had an issue with leaving the flexible Dual Band mode set to automatic on the AP-615's but now we do. Some APs seem to be dropping either the 2.4 or 5Ghz radios in favour of 6Ghz, even though this isn't enabled on any of the SSID's but this is effecting some of the older clients that are only 2.4Ghz compatible.

Luckily, I have managed to utilise the API's to change the flexible dual band mode in bulk for a few of our customers to set them to 2.4 and 5 GHz but this is becoming a pain. Has anybody else experienced this issue and if so, any suggestions on resolving it? I have also logged a case with TAC.

Thanks

• 2.  RE: 615's Disabling 2.4 or 5Ghz Radios when 6Ghz not enabled

EMPLOYEE
    Posted 12 days ago

were the AP-615s running Instant firmware or AOS10?

------------------------------
    If my post was useful accept solution and/or give kudos.
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of HPE or Aruba.

• 3.  RE: 615's Disabling 2.4 or 5Ghz Radios when 6Ghz not enabled

Posted 12 days ago

They're running AOS10

I have since had an update from TAC. This is supposedly expected behaviour for AirMatch to push clients to use the 6GHz radio, even if you have no SSID's utilising 6GHz, therefore dropping the APs down to one useable radio. I have requested this be reported as a bug/issue.

Thanks,

Josh

• 4.  RE: 615's Disabling 2.4 or 5Ghz Radios when 6Ghz not enabled

EMPLOYEE
    Posted 12 days ago

Hi Josh,

Can you share the case number? 

• 5.  RE: 615's Disabling 2.4 or 5Ghz Radios when 6Ghz not enabled

Posted 12 days ago

Hi,

Yes sure it is 5381324406

Thanks

• 6.  RE: 615's Disabling 2.4 or 5Ghz Radios when 6Ghz not enabled

EMPLOYEE
    Posted 11 days ago

thanks for sharing, I might be hitting this issue too.

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of HPE or Aruba.

• 7.  RE: 615's Disabling 2.4 or 5Ghz Radios when 6Ghz not enabled

EMPLOYEE
    Posted 11 days ago

The customers that impacted by this, were anyone of them running 10.5.1.0 firmware? and with gateways too?

• 8.  RE: 615's Disabling 2.4 or 5Ghz Radios when 6Ghz not enabled

Posted 9 days ago

Hi @ariyap,  They are all running 10.5.1 firmware but none with Gateways. TAC are now investigating further so I will update when I hear more. In the meantime, I have been using the API's to change the Flexible Dual Band mode to 2.4GHz and 5GHz across all affected customers.