Wired Intelligent Edge

View Only
last person joined: 14 hours ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

6300M VLANs - Web UI

This thread has been viewed 10 times
  • 1.  6300M VLANs - Web UI

Posted 9 days ago

I'm having a heck of a time configuring a VLAN through the web UI on a 6300M switch.  Here's what I'm hoping to accomplish:

• I have a DHCP scope (192.168.47.0/24) and VLAN scope (126.168.0.0/24) set up on a SonicWall associated with the X5 interface (VLAN scope is set to V10 sub-interface on X5).
    • Switch connects to the X5 interface.
    • Access points connect to switch.
    • Access points configured with two SSIDs, one of which is unsecured for guests (e.g. Public) and tagged for V10 and the other of which is secured and untagged for staff (e.g. Staff).
    • User connected to Public network is assigned a 126.168.0.x address while those connected to Staff network are assigned 192.168.47.x addresses.

I'm new to the higher-end switches and not super well-versed in configuring via the console.  I have an el cheapo OfficeConnect switch that allows me to easily tag and add ports to a specific VLAN and works as expected, but I'm thrown for a bit of a loop with the 6300M UI.  Their documentation left me a bit confused regarding trunks vs. access ports as well.

Is there an easy way to get this configuration through the web UI or am I stuck programming it in?  Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.  Most of the posts and videos I've come across mostly focus on doing so via console.

Thanks!

• 2.  RE: 6300M VLANs - Web UI

Posted 8 days ago

It is much faster doing it over cli than over gui. Just few commandd to remember.

------------------------------
    Gorazd Kikelj
    MVP Guru 2024
    ------------------------------