Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: 3 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

7010 WLC - Continuously rebooting

This thread has been viewed 19 times
  • 1.  7010 WLC - Continuously rebooting

Posted Jan 16, 2023 12:40 PM
    All...looking for some help and/or explanation as to why the 7010 WLC continuously reboots after 90 mins. Running ArubaOS 8.3.0.9-FIPS. Fan Temperatures, CPUs, etc. are all within acceptable limits.

• 2.  RE: 7010 WLC - Continuously rebooting

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 16, 2023 04:49 PM
    "show version" would tell you why it is rebooting.
    Also, I would contact TAC to see if there are any crashes "show crashinfo"

------------------------------
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

HPE Design and Deploy Guides: https://community.arubanetworks.com/support/migrated-knowledge-base?attachments=&communitykey=dcc83c62-1a3a-4dd8-94dc-92968ea6fff1&pageindex=0&pagesize=12&search=&sort=most_recent&viewtype=card

• 3.  RE: 7010 WLC - Continuously rebooting

Posted Jan 16, 2023 06:15 PM
    I've opened a TAC case....awaiting reply/input from them now.

Results from a 'Show version?' 

Reboot Cause: Power Cycle (Intent:cause:register ee:ee:50:3)

Have seen this referenced previously with the only 'solution' provided being to upgrade IOS which I have done....2x now....with no success.

• 4.  RE: 7010 WLC - Continuously rebooting

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 20, 2023 06:08 AM
    Seems like it's losing power. May be a defective power supply, or an unstable power source?

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 5.  RE: 7010 WLC - Continuously rebooting

Posted Jan 20, 2023 06:47 AM
    I know it's not an unstable power-source as it's plugged into a UPS. Unsure what commands to run, if there are any, to check to see if the power-supply is stable or not in it. The reboot times are staggered  as sometimes it'll reboot every 2-3 hours, other times it'll run for at/about 12 hrs. then reboot. The 'longest' it's been running, since this started happening, was 11 hrs.

• 6.  RE: 7010 WLC - Continuously rebooting

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 20, 2023 07:01 AM
    What you could do is plug a console cable up to the controller and leave it connected to a computer to see what if anything is printed on the console screen at reboot

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

HPE Design and Deploy Guides: https://community.arubanetworks.com/support/migrated-knowledge-base?attachments=&communitykey=dcc83c62-1a3a-4dd8-94dc-92968ea6fff1&pageindex=0&pagesize=12&search=&sort=most_recent&viewtype=card

• 7.  RE: 7010 WLC - Continuously rebooting

Posted Jan 20, 2023 07:19 AM
    Yep! I have done that as well, and watched it/recorded the output where all it says is: "Rebooting."

It definitely seems to be something to do with the internal power-supply, but considering it's hardwired into the main-board, unsure exactly if it's even remotely possible to replace it.

As I type this, the WLC has been up for: link status last changed 0 day 5 hr 33 min 46 sec