Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: 8 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

7030 vs 9004 gateway

This thread has been viewed 10 times
  • 1.  7030 vs 9004 gateway

Posted 13 days ago

Hi!

We would like to buy a new wireless system with (around 40 piece of) 600 series of APs. I checked controller/gateway specifications and I think 7030 fits the best for our needs. However it's an old construction, it has not benn announced yet, but I think the EOL announcement is expected soon so perhaps not the best choice. 

I've also looked at the 9004 controller, it's cheaper and weaker, but it might be good, you can increase the cluster up to 4, maybe we won't have a problem with the number of APs for a few years with redundancy, we're fine up to 64 APs with a cluster of 4. But aggregation or not, it bothers me that it only has gigabit ports.

The 9106 gateway is also appealing, but it requires AOS10, which we don't want for a number of reasons, so we want to stay in AOS8 for now.

Any advice guys? :)

------------------------------
    The S in IOT stands for Security.

• 2.  RE: 7030 vs 9004 gateway

EMPLOYEE
    Posted 12 days ago

i think 9004 controller should be fine, also you dont need a controller at all if you run the APs in Instant mode.

If my post was useful accept solution and/or give kudos.
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of HPE or Aruba.