Wired Intelligent Edge

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

8320 Port mirroring

This thread has been viewed 35 times
  • 1.  8320 Port mirroring

Posted Sep 22, 2022 01:40 AM

Hi

Couple of questions regarding port mirroring in 8320 switch:

1. If I mirror traffic from a rtunk port, can I apply VLAN filters to pick traffic from specific VLANs only? Cannot find any reference in CLI guide.
    2. LAG interface can be mirrored but can I mirror traffic from a MC-LAG interface?

Cheers

Timo Krjukoff

• 2.  RE: 8320 Port mirroring

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 22, 2022 03:41 AM

Hi Timo,

1. Using VLAN as a source is unfortunately not supported on the 8320 platform (according to the guide – supported on 8360 only). That is why "source vlan <VLAN Num>" command is missing when configuring the mirror session. I think there are no filters you can apply to accomplish this while using LAG as a source.

2. You can achieve this by mirroring all the interfaces that are part of the VSX LAG on both VSX nodes separately only – no VSX mirroring configuration available. So you have to configure mirroring on both VSX nodes (different sessions).

• 3.  RE: 8320 Port mirroring

Posted Sep 22, 2022 04:14 AM
    What about the destination port? Can I "filter" VLANs there by defining only specific VLANs on that port and have the port as a trunk? Sending traffic to Vectra Sensor.

• 4.  RE: 8320 Port mirroring

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 27, 2022 05:04 AM
    I am afraid this is not possible as well (Probably the other community members will confirm this).
    To check if I got you correct - you want to monitor a VLAN from a trunk port of the switch and mirror the traffic to Vectra sensor connected directly to the switch?

As VLAN is not available as source for a mirroring session for your particular device, I think that this will be not possible.

• 5.  RE: 8320 Port mirroring

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 28, 2022 03:51 AM
    Instead of using source VLAN in mirroring, you can apply an ingress policy in the LAG and use mirror action in the policy action. The mirror action id refer to the mirror session id.
    In the mirror session, configure a destination but no source, and enable.
    For the policy, use a MAC class, where you can match on a given VLAN.

• 6.  RE: 8320 Port mirroring

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 28, 2022 05:03 AM
    I have missed that option in the policy actions and I was not aware of it. 
    Thank you for the useful comments Vincent!