Cloud Managed Networks

View Only
last person joined: 17 hours ago 

Forum to discuss all things related to HPE Aruba Networking Central and UXI Network Management, including deployment of managed networks, configuration, best practices, APIs, Cloud Guest, AIOps, Presence Analytics, and other included Applications
Expand all | Collapse all

9012 as a VPNC in AOS10?

This thread has been viewed 12 times
  • 1.  9012 as a VPNC in AOS10?

Posted Jan 16, 2023 01:34 PM
    Good Afternoon,
        Can a 9012 Gateway be configured as a VPNC?  The documentation isn't all that clear.  

More detail:

I have a situation where we are looking to refresh small network with a combination of multiple relatively small locations and ~25 RAPs.  Also looking to go to AOS10 during the migration.  Currently, the RAPs and all of the Campus APs (~50 total) are all being managed by a cluster of 2 7205 Gateways running 8.10 in WLAN mode. 

When I move to  AOS 10, I no longer need the Gateways for the Campus APs, but I will need a VPNC for the RAPs that will be converted to MicroBranch APs.  Since I only need ~25 Microbranch and there really isn't a direct replacement for the 7205 in the 9200 series, can use the 9012 as my VPNC to terminate the MicroBranch APs?

Thanks,

Bill

• 2.  RE: 9012 as a VPNC in AOS10?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 16, 2023 01:41 PM

Yes, 90xx series GW, can be used as VPNC, taking into account performance & max users specifications,

Regards,

Jorge