Network Management

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

AAA port-access authentication slow

This thread has been viewed 13 times
  • 1.  AAA port-access authentication slow

Posted Dec 30, 2022 04:43 PM
    I have AAA port-access authentication enabled on the ports.  We also use Duo MFA so that after the user logs into Windows, they also get the push notification from Duo app.  I found out that they only get the Duo push sometimes on ports that have AAA enabled.

Also, sometimes the computer shows no LAN connection after login, but after a few seconds it gets connection, all on AAA ports.

Any idea why?  I'm assuming because it takes longer to authenticate with RADIUS server?

• 2.  RE: AAA port-access authentication slow

Posted Jan 04, 2023 01:50 PM
    Any idea anyone?

• 3.  RE: AAA port-access authentication slow

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 05, 2023 07:00 AM
    You would need to find out what actually happens, how the computer and/or user are authenticated, when these authenticated, etc. If it doesn't work properly there may  be no authentication, failing authentication, VLAN change between authentications or authenticated/non-authenticated, no DHCP after (re)authentication, and many more possibilities.

Your Aruba partner who implemented this, or Aruba Support may be helpful to get this analyzed and resolved.

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.
    ------------------------------