Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

AAA server test from Controller

This thread has been viewed 17 times
  • 1.  AAA server test from Controller

Posted Feb 08, 2023 12:19 AM
    Hi All,

While verifying AAA server test in controller, I didn't configure this password in controller. Is the password is already configured in clear pass server and I'm using the same password while connecting WLAN client. how these password concept works between controller, clear pass server and client?

• 2.  RE: AAA server test from Controller

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 08, 2023 12:49 AM
    no the password is not configured by default in ClearPass.
    basically the aim of this command is to test Radius auth connectivity to the radius server.
    for sure  you can add a your test user creds to the local db in ClearPass

------------------------------
    If my post was useful accept solution and/or give kudos.
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of HPE or Aruba.

• 3.  RE: AAA server test from Controller

Posted Feb 08, 2023 01:01 AM
    Is it mandatory to configure password in clearpass local database when verifying aaa test from controller.?

• 4.  RE: AAA server test from Controller
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 08, 2023 01:29 AM
    no it is not mandatory.
    when you are troubleshooting connectivity, all you want to know is if the Radius packets are reaching clerarpass.
    with the test aaa command, you can see the request in access tracker, that shows there is connectivity and radius secret key is correct, irrespective of whether the auth is successful or not

If my post was useful accept solution and/or give kudos.
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of HPE or Aruba.