View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Expand all | Collapse all

About Mobility Master and Mobility Conductor

This thread has been viewed 30 times
  • 1.  About Mobility Master and Mobility Conductor

Posted Dec 04, 2022 07:07 AM
    hi guys,

i really have headache with terminology that used on Aruba Wireless Architecture, at first i thought that a mobility master is a license that have advanced feature like MC Clustering and if we want to use it we just need to buy the license and installed on MC (ex 7210 appliances). but then i got article that said MM is a software that need to be deploy it either virtual or appliance, then we have to integrate it to our MM, is it correct ? hopefully anyone have a better explanation about what MM truely is 

and then i just got assignment from my boss about Aruba Mobility Conductor and thats really make my day really. because i really no have idea what Mobility Conductor is ? if i read the article it said, it can manage multiple MC, if that so what the differencies between mobility Conductor and Mobility Master (MM) ? does the Mobility Conductor can manage the Mobility master ?

• 2.  RE: About Mobility Master and Mobility Conductor
    Best Answer

MVP GURU
    Posted Dec 04, 2022 06:34 PM
    The Aruba Mobility Master (now called a Mobility Conductor) is a system that manages your Controller/Gateway based deployments. The Mobility Conductor brings features like AirMatch, Live Upgrades, and Controller Clustering. AirMatch takes ARM to the next level. ARM is an AP to AP view of the RF environment. Since the Mobility Conductor manages all of the Controllers and APs, it has a better overall picture of the envitonment. Clustering is controlled by the Mobility Conductor and takes care of the load balancing of clients and APs. Live Upgrades rely on clustering, and uses the Mobility Conductor to upgrade a cluster with little to no downtime (depends on your RF redundancy. Clients will need another AP in range to roam to when its primary AP reboots)

Aruba Mobility Conductor Controller Data Sheet
    Aruba remove preview
    Aruba Mobility Conductor Controller Data Sheet
    The Aruba Mobility Mobility Controller provides unified enterprise-grade network services that span multiple networks composed of 7000, 7200, and Virtual Mobility Controllers.
    View this on Aruba >

------------------------------
    Dustin Burns

Lead Mobility Engineer @Worldcom Exchange, Inc.

ACCX 1271| ACMX 509| ACSP | ACDA | MVP Guru 2022
    If my post was useful accept solution and/or give kudos

• 3.  RE: About Mobility Master and Mobility Conductor

Posted Dec 06, 2022 01:36 PM
    hi DB86

thanks a lot for your greate explanation, anyway i just have a little bit concern regarding your statement above "Clustering is controlled by the Mobility Conductor" which if the cluster is handle by the conductor, so should i still have to configure the L2 or L3 redudancy on each controller ? or i just need to register both controller to conductor to have redundancy controller or HA of controller ?

• 4.  RE: About Mobility Master and Mobility Conductor

MVP GURU
    Posted Dec 06, 2022 02:13 PM
    You can still configure a VRRP Virtual IP to use for AP termination. All you need to do to enable the cluster redundancy is come up with a few extra addresses (CoA VRRP). You want to make sure all of your VLANs that your sharing on the controllers are stretched between them. The clustering will take care of how the AP or client fails between controllers. If you can not stretch your VLANs for client connectivity, you can have your cluster L3 connected, but you will notice a short outage when failing over because new tunnels need to be created.

Dustin Burns

Lead Mobility Engineer @Worldcom Exchange, Inc.

ACCX 1271| ACMX 509| ACSP | ACDA | MVP Guru 2022
    If my post was useful accept solution and/or give kudos