Cloud Managed Networks

View Only
last person joined: 22 hours ago 

Forum to discuss all things related to HPE Aruba Networking Central and UXI Network Management, including deployment of managed networks, configuration, best practices, APIs, Cloud Guest, AIOps, Presence Analytics, and other included Applications
Expand all | Collapse all

Access point MAC addresses shows up in Floorplan deployment instead of the access point names

This thread has been viewed 12 times
  • 1.  Access point MAC addresses shows up in Floorplan deployment instead of the access point names

Posted Jul 06, 2022 02:04 PM

I have about 5 access points assigned to a site called storage that I have configured in the mobility conductor to have names based on the rooms they are placed in. When these are later on going to be deployed on their respective floorplans their mac address shows up instead of their assigned name. In the Devices tab their name shows up so why don't the appear in the Floorplan deployer? There are other sites where this isn't an issue.

How can I make the access points assigned name show up in the Floorplan deployer instead of the MAC Address?

Thanks!

------------------------------
    Em

• 2.  RE: Access point MAC addresses shows up in Floorplan deployment instead of the access point names

Posted Jul 11, 2022 02:22 PM
    We are having the same issue, seems to be a bug with central. One workaround we did was to add all the APs randomly on the map, after a few hours, you should see the AP names show up, then you can add them accordingly. May not take that long with 5 APs but we have several sites with over 150 APs with this issue. We opened a ticket but have not heard ​of a root cause/solution. Hope this helps!

Josue R

• 3.  RE: Access point MAC addresses shows up in Floorplan deployment instead of the access point names

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 11, 2022 06:38 PM
    the original post talked about mobility conductor which is not supported in Aruba Central.
    Aruba central supported IAPs and AOS10 APs and gateways.

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba.