Training, Certification & Career

View Only
last person joined: 7 days ago 

Get more information about the HPE Aruba Networking technical training and certification programs. Network with your colleagues to improve your career, and post job availability for network engineers within your organization.
Expand all | Collapse all

ACSA study guide question

This thread has been viewed 62 times
  • 1.  ACSA study guide question

Posted Dec 27, 2021 12:29 PM
    I'm hoping to get some explanation on this VRRP related question from the study guide:

Which of the statements below accurately describe VRRP concepts and operation?
    a- A Unique VRRP instance can run in an Aruba Switch
    b- To control VRRP master election between two routers you must configure a priority on both devices
    c- If two VRRP routers have the same priority, the router with the highest IP address becomes the VRRP Master.

Answer: C

I'm trying to understand/confirm why "a" isn't also an option?  Is it because it says, "Aruba Switch" and not a router and/or a L3 Switch.  Because VRRP instances are unique with different IDs.

Thank you.

------------------------------
    Mohammad Ali

• 2.  RE: ACSA study guide question

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 04, 2022 05:32 AM
    I think the idea behind it is that you will need two switches (L3-switch or router) to operate VRRP. But agree that this answer A would be open for discussion, which is something I see more often in the study guide learning checks. These are good to have a discussion with your trainer while going through. To be honest, I would say B may be considered correct as having the default value is also configuration (leaving out configuration).

If you find such things in an actual exam, please use the feedback option during the exam to report. This feedback is read, analyzed, and periodically reviewed to improve the exam quality, as probably nothing is more frustrating than failing an exam that has flawed questions.

Note that sharing exam questions and answers violates the confidentiality agreement and may void your certification.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 3.  RE: ACSA study guide question

Posted Jan 04, 2022 07:18 AM
    Thank you for explaining this.  Yes I always like to provide feedback.  Just wasn't sure if someone ever reads it or not.  Good to know that someone actually reads it.

Mohammad Ali

• 4.  RE: ACSA study guide question

Posted Jan 06, 2022 03:19 AM

Hi,

I think the correct answer could be C, though it's not clear if that situation (because of network problems) is meant

Check: Master election (hpe.com)

Last line: "When multiple routers in a VRRP group declare that they are the master because of network problems, the one with the highest priority becomes the master. If two routers have the same priority, the one with the highest IP address becomes the master."

Answer A I would not consider to be an option because of the key-word "unique" - there can run multiple VRRP instances on a switch (not just one/unique)

Answer B is lacking s.th. regarding preemption; thus I would say priority and preemption setting are necessary to contol

Maybe at least I provide some good argument, why answer A isn't an option in my opinion

Jochem Knoben