Aruba Central

View Only
last person joined: 12 hours ago 

Expand all | Collapse all

Add Devices to Aruba Central Group from HPE Greenlake

This thread has been viewed 24 times
  • 1.  Add Devices to Aruba Central Group from HPE Greenlake

Posted Sep 21, 2022 09:13 AM

In Aruba Central, before the migration to HPE Greenlake, I was able to add new devices via serial and MAC address and assign them to a specific group via device inventory. Now all of that is done in HPE Greenlake but I don't see where I can add them directly into a group so they grab the config that I need without having to bring them up into a "Default" group, join a cluster, and then move into the correct group. We have been a strictly AOS 10 environment since the beginning of last year and this makes the process when bringing new APs online. We are a large K-12 education environment with roughly 4000 APs so we are continually bringing new APs online or swapping out with RMAs. It would make the process much easier if this function was still there. Does anyone know if that feature is still available or how to get to it?

• 2.  RE: Add Devices to Aruba Central Group from HPE Greenlake

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 21, 2022 11:30 PM
    Hi Parkerma,

You can set a group for APs prior to coming online by using Device Pre-provisioning. This is found within Aruba Central. 
    Click on Organization in the left hand navigation. Click on Device Preprovisioning. 
    Find your APs in the Device table. Select the devices you would like to modify provisioning settings for.
    Multiple devices can be selected.
    Click the Device Move/action button at the bottom right of the table.
    Choose the group you would like to preprovision devices to from the dropdown.
    Click Move.

• 3.  RE: Add Devices to Aruba Central Group from HPE Greenlake

Posted Dec 20, 2022 02:16 PM
    Did you manage to get it working? Preprovisioning?
    I have trouble making it work. I added it and license it but it does not show up in groups.

• 4.  RE: Add Devices to Aruba Central Group from HPE Greenlake

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 20, 2022 03:47 PM
    Devices will appear in pre-provisioning once they are assigned to your Aruba Central application (as well applying an appropriate subscription, via GreenLake Manage Devices). They will appear in Groups once they have checked-in with Aruba Central. See Onboarding Devices.

If your devices haven't reached Aruba Central you may need to check any firewall between the device and the Internet which may disrupt communication. 

You can either use commands locally on the devices not showing up to try and troubleshoot why they are not coming online or work with Aruba TAC.