Aruba Central

View Only
last person joined: 15 hours ago 

Expand all | Collapse all

Adding 2930 Switches to Aruba Central

This thread has been viewed 32 times
  • 1.  Adding 2930 Switches to Aruba Central

Posted Jan 26, 2023 09:51 AM
    I have been tasked with moving hundreds of switches mostly 2930 models to Aruba Central. My experience with Central so far has not been the greatest to say the least. Does anyone have any suggestions on adding these to Central. With this I need to keep the current configuration on the switches and we need to be able to manage the switch with CLI and FortiNAC. Thank you in advanced.

• 2.  RE: Adding 2930 Switches to Aruba Central

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 27, 2023 05:22 AM
    Add the switches to Central and move them into a Monitor Only group. You may need to configure 'aruba-central support-mode' on the switch to enable all commands. Unsure if there is a minimal version for the switch to run in monitor only with Central, but probably there is. Firmware 16.10 or 16.11 should work without issues.

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: Adding 2930 Switches to Aruba Central

Posted Jan 27, 2023 09:09 AM
    There is a CSV import feature for Greenlake. It's when you add devices to Greenlake, you can choose "import" option.
    There is also an API for Greenlake. With that you can also assign subscriptions to a device

Here is some detailed info on how to add devices to Central and retain the existing config.
    Provisioning AOS