Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: 22 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

additional ISP configuration

This thread has been viewed 6 times
  • 1.  additional ISP configuration

Posted May 22, 2023 01:53 PM

Hello.
    I am trying to configure an additional ISP connection outside of our firewall for testing.  Our production traffic traverses a PC out which is comprised of GE 002 and 003.  When configuring the interface GE 001 for this connection as an access port, the UI wants to include GE 002 as a port member. The UI will not let me configure port 0/0/1 as the sole member, the system throws an "illegal operation" error.  I do not want a PC just an access port connecting to the ISP managed router.  Is it even possible to configure this second ISP path for specific WLAN testing?

• 2.  RE: additional ISP configuration

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 26, 2023 11:37 AM

You should be able to have a separate ISP if you put the clients on separate VLANs for each of your ISPs.
    It should not be an issue to configure a controller with Gig0/0/0 in one VLAN and Gig0/0/1 in another. Not sure why that doesn't work for you.
    Please work with your Aruba Partner or Aruba Support as with just this description it is hard to determine what is exactly going on.

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.
    ------------------------------