Security

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

After typing in Guest Account and Password Unable to Click Accept

This thread has been viewed 22 times
  • 1.  After typing in Guest Account and Password Unable to Click Accept

Posted 23 days ago
    Howdy folks, this is an intermittent issue where we've created multiple guest accounts and sometimes when a user logs in with the guest username and password - the user is is unable to click the accept button. Thoughts on why? 

• 2.  RE: After typing in Guest Account and Password Unable to Click Accept

Posted 23 days ago

Hi

From the screenshot it looks like a mobile device, does the error occur only on mobile devices or is it random on any device?

In the text you have a reference to accept the terms and conditions, but I can't see the checkbox to accept. Or have you removed the checkbox and take the click on the button as accept?

In that case, how did you remove the checkbox. Set it to hidden and always set to True?

Some additional questions:

• Do you have more than one accept form or just one? 
    • Do you have a custom skin installed
    • What is the frequency of the issue?
    • Do you have several ClearPass servers and the issue only appear on one server?
    • Can you try to create a new form and see if the same issue occur with the new form?
    • What version of ClearPass do you have?

------------------------------
    Best Regards
    Jonas Hammarbäck
    MVP Guru 2024, ACEX, ACDX #1600, ACCX #1335, ACX-Network Security, Aruba SME, ACMP, ACSA
    Aranya AB
    If you find my answer useful, consider giving kudos and/or mark as solution

• 3.  RE: After typing in Guest Account and Password Unable to Click Accept

Posted 20 days ago
    Hi Jonas, thanks for the reply. It's an intermittent issue with mobile or laptop - the interesting thing is the Terms box is unchecked and we don't have any terms to accept. 
     Screenshot 2024-07-16 at 9.16.59 AM.png

Clearpass 6.11.3.253363

Brian Mitchell (he/him) | Director Of IT

Dwight School New York

18 West 89th Street, New York, NY 10024

212-724-6360 x456 | dwight.edu

• 4.  RE: After typing in Guest Account and Password Unable to Click Accept

Posted 20 days ago

Hi Brian

Ok, that's strange. I see that you are running 6.11.3 and 6.11.8 is the latest relesed version and .9 is expected in a few weeks.

I can't find any resolved bug's in the release notes related to your issue, but maybe an update could be worth a try. Also consider some security updates included in the latest versions. 

Have you tried to create a new captive portal page and see if you get the same behavior?

Best Regards
    Jonas Hammarbäck
    MVP Guru 2024, ACEX, ACDX #1600, ACCX #1335, ACX-Network Security, Aruba SME, ACMP, ACSA
    Aranya AB
    If you find my answer useful, consider giving kudos and/or mark as solution

• 5.  RE: After typing in Guest Account and Password Unable to Click Accept

Posted 19 days ago
    Hi Jonas, I have not but will give all those options a try. Thanks again for the help. 

Dwight School New York

• 6.  RE: After typing in Guest Account and Password Unable to Click Accept

Posted 19 days ago

Are you sure that this portal page comes from the ClearPass server? It doesn't look familiar to me, and doesn't look like a standard portal page from ClearPass Guest.

What WLAN (or wired) network do you use? Could it be that the network is handling the captive portal, instead of ClearPass?

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 7.  RE: After typing in Guest Account and Password Unable to Click Accept

Posted 19 days ago
    That could be totally it. Is my tips role wrong if I create guest passes? Its just strange that it doesn't happen to everyone.

Screenshot 2024-07-17 at 6.14.23 AM.png

Dwight School New York

• 8.  RE: After typing in Guest Account and Password Unable to Click Accept

Posted 18 days ago

I would have a look at your WLAN/network equipment to see what role/policy is applied. What type of WLAN (model/version) do you have?

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 9.  RE: After typing in Guest Account and Password Unable to Click Accept

Posted 18 days ago
    Were running Aruba 635's 
    Screenshot 2024-07-18 at 10.14.56 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-07-18 at 10.15.38 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-07-18 at 10.15.56 AM.png
    Screenshot 2024-07-18 at 10.15.52 AM.png

Dwight School New York

• 10.  RE: After typing in Guest Account and Password Unable to Click Accept

Posted 14 days ago

What you share is all ClearPass, I think the solution to your problem is in the AP/controllers.

I'd recommend that you work with your Aruba Partner or Aruba support. They can check the role of the user when it's receiving the correct captive portal and when it's receiving the wrong portal, as well have a look at your full configuration and fix/optimize where needed.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------