Wireless

View Only
last person joined: 21 hours ago 

Expand all | Collapse all

Airplay Discovery AP Group Only

This thread has been viewed 10 times
  • 1.  Airplay Discovery AP Group Only

Posted Sep 06, 2023 10:42 PM

Our university it needing to isolate the Airgroup (airplay) broadcasts to the ap-group instead of the entire network. Right now if users try to airplay on campus they see every airplay device across campus instead of just the airplay devices located within the ap-group the ap they are associated with is in. I've searched online but haven't really found a good article or reference to make this happen.

MM/Controller Version - 8.7.1.6

------------------------------
    williamg

• 2.  RE: Airplay Discovery AP Group Only

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 07, 2023 11:24 AM

The document here should give you all of your Airgroup options: https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=a00106566en_us

Of course the most granular solutions are the ones provided with ClearPass. 

Without ClearPass, you can specific specify ap-groups that can be seen, BUT the radius is those access points in that ap-group +1 neighbor.  For example, if there is a single ap in an ap-group and that AP can see 10 or 20 access points, the users on those 10 or 20 access points will see those advertisements:  That is one reason why it would seem that visibility is considerably increased.  Also, devices could also possibly cache device advertisements, so we have observed apps advertising availability of devices that are no longer there until we clear data from those devices.

Those are just my thoughts without knowing anything about your environment, so others can chime in about their experiences or you can open a technical support case to see what your actual options are.. 

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

HPE Design and Deploy Guides: https://community.arubanetworks.com/support/migrated-knowledge-base?attachments=&communitykey=dcc83c62-1a3a-4dd8-94dc-92968ea6fff1&pageindex=0&pagesize=12&search=&sort=most_recent&viewtype=card