Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: 6 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.

Airwave 8.2.15.2 and Glass historic client data missing.

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Airwave 8.2.15.2 and Glass historic client data missing.

Posted 4 days ago

Apologies for cross-posting, but it seems that the Airwave community posts have no eyeballs falling on them, so I'm trying here to see if someone has any ideas.

( https://community.arubanetworks.com/discussion/airwave-82152-and-glass-historic-client-data-missing )

I was asked to provide some historic client data today, for a specific username, on a specific SSID for the 25th May (19 days ago): client device, and a history of APs the device was associated to. I couldn't provide any info from Glass; no AP association history. And I could only provide the device type and OS by creating an inventory report in Airwave for clients matching the defined MAC, on the defined day, and selecting all the summary options to see what I'd get. I knew what I was looking for because of logs from the RADIUS and DHCP servers, but I got very little out of Airwave when I was expecting fairly rich data.

What I expected to find in Glass, after searching on the username, and then device MAC, was a whole history of APs that had been connected to, along with health, data used and whatever other  stats are standard, but nothing was there. The historical data retention settings are in the image below, which bit have I got wrong that means I've got no history at all in Glass, and how do I make sure that I can get AP association history in future reports (I'd like to be able to go back 30 days.)
    Thanks

Nathan

------------------------------
    Nathan

Nathan