Network Management

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

AirWave and Juniper

This thread has been viewed 9 times
  • 1.  AirWave and Juniper

Posted Dec 06, 2022 02:53 AM
      |   view attached
    Hi,
    I have Aruba devices in access and distribution layers, but in core layer I use Juniper devices.
    When I added Juniper devices to AirWave, I see basic information such as Device Info, Usage, CPU Utilization, Neighbors, Connected Devices and Alert.

However, Airwave does not build a network topology map that includes Juniper hardware. Juniper in core layer should combine all lower layers together. But I don't know why it is not visible on the map.

How I can fix this problem?

___
    In attachment is parts of my topology (all devices are Aruba, Juniper isn't visible).

• 2.  RE: AirWave and Juniper

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 06, 2022 09:48 AM
    If you see the Neigbours, then LLDP seems to work properly and is pulled into Airwave properly. I would expect the device to be present and detected in the topology.

Do you have all device types enabled as well as the Folder(s) your switches are in under the Topology filter?
    Note that these folders are non-recursive; so just adding Top in may not be enough.
    If all is set as expected, please work with Aruba support.

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.
    ------------------------------