Network Management

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Airwave radius accounting issues

This thread has been viewed 19 times
  • 1.  Airwave radius accounting issues

Posted Mar 20, 2023 01:47 PM

Hi All

any one could give me an ideal about how to troubleshooting amp radius accounting? I'm sure radius accounting services has been working ok from system > status. however, it cannot show the client username as they login. The source of radius accounting is CPPM that configured with accounting proxy in service. I don't see further log or any message on the amp when the packet of radius request from cppm. I also searched the following link for further TS, it's no get helps.

https://community.arubanetworks.com/community-home/librarydocuments/viewdocument?DocumentKey=5a779334-5805-4a2c-8959-0138fb4b886d&CommunityKey=96609c68-a98a-4a35-b790-987564d4402d&tab=librarydocuments

• 2.  RE: Airwave radius accounting issues

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 22, 2023 06:03 AM

That is a very old feature that I'm not sure of if it is still available. The document you share is from when Airwave was still running on a Linux OS, it's now running as hardened appliance.

You may try to open a TAC Support case and see if they can help you with the troubleshooting, and if the feature is still available.

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 3.  RE: Airwave radius accounting issues

Posted Mar 26, 2023 04:13 AM

Hi

Got it, thanks your reply. may I ask that any suggestions for improving this approach, if I need to get username or client name from cppm to airwave? Thanks

• 4.  RE: Airwave radius accounting issues

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 29, 2023 04:28 AM

At least for Aruba AP/Instant/Controllers, I never had to configure accounting. Airwave just picked up the username (through SNMP or AMON). And I think the same applies for the third-party devices I have tested with.

What type of equipments do you struggle to get username information from?

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.