last person joined: 6 days ago 

Expand all | Collapse all

AirWave SFP port not sending data to the Switch

This thread has been viewed 9 times
  • 1.  AirWave SFP port not sending data to the Switch

Posted Dec 15, 2022 02:09 PM
    Presently on the AirWave HPE Appliance I have the following ports enabled:

eth0 set to IP xxx.xxx.6.22 (copper)
    eth5 set tp IP xxx.xxx.6.21 (10G Fiber SFP)

eth0 is working great, but with eth5, the switch shows it is sending data to eth5 but eth5 is not transmitting any data back to the switch. I have two Cisco 10Gb SFPs being used. Is the HPE appliance particular about what type to use?

• 2.  RE: AirWave SFP port not sending data to the Switch
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 20, 2022 03:43 AM
    Two interfaces should not be in the same subnet. Try to remove your eth0 IP address.

I don't think there is specific SFP blocking. You could reach out to Aruba Support to find out if your SFPs work.

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: AirWave SFP port not sending data to the Switch

Posted Dec 21, 2022 08:12 AM
    Thank you sir

• 4.  RE: AirWave SFP port not sending data to the Switch

Posted Dec 22, 2022 06:20 AM
    I had submitted a ticket and found out that the AirWave appliance has to use HP SFPs. Thank you for reminding me about both ports being in the same subnet, I was going to disconnect the copper once I got the fiber up.