Network Management

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

AirWave Topology layout not saving

This thread has been viewed 18 times
  • 1.  AirWave Topology layout not saving

Posted Apr 04, 2022 11:56 AM

We've got about 500 ArubaOS-CX switches scattered across 100 sites, so our topology map is quite wide (although some sites have only one switch so don't appear).

I was under the impression that when moving switches around on the Topology map, clicking Save in the Actions menu would store their positions, however going to another page and back again shows that they've jumped back to where they were and the positions haven't saved after all and they've gone back to the random, gappy layout AirWave has decided to use.  This happens whether Auto Arrange is on or off.

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?  AirWave version is 8.2.14.0.

------------------------------
    Martin Pritchard

• 2.  RE: AirWave Topology layout not saving

Posted May 18, 2023 07:32 AM
      |   view attached

Same thing's happening in 8.3.0.  If anything it's even worse, making the topology map pretty much useless.  Incidentally this garbage arrangement is with auto-arrange turned off, so it shouldn't even be altering it.  Turning it on makes it a bit better, but once again when saving the layout, the layout isn't saved so it'll be scrambled again next time you look.

• 3.  RE: AirWave Topology layout not saving

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 18, 2023 12:47 PM

The issue may be with size and distance between devices. I suggest opening a TAC case to open a bug.

Regards
    Gowri Amujuri