Network Management

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Airwave trigger for Cluster state (L2/L3)

This thread has been viewed 11 times
  • 1.  Airwave trigger for Cluster state (L2/L3)

Posted Feb 03, 2023 11:44 AM
    Hello,

AW physical box running 8.2.15.1
    AOS 8.10.0.5

I am trying to set up a trigger on Airwave to tell us if our cluster (or any member of the cluster) goes into L3 state, but I haven't really played with triggers much so I was wondering if anyone could help? I can see in AW event viewer that if I force the cluster into L3 (eg by adding a new VLAN but not adding it to the exclude list) then a message shows "UWS-MC-B1-DEV Controller mismatch_vlan is changed from Unknown to 400, Connection Type is changed from L2 to L3". I tried creating a Device Event trigger with event content 'matches' "Connection Type is changed". but this doesn't seem to be doing anything. Is it possible to match on a partial string like this?

I may have one of the other Trigger settings wrongly set - eg the Event Severity, I'm not sure if that is just what I am designating the event (ie I want it to be considered 'Major') or whether I have to know what the event severity is as it is reported to AW from the controllers?

Under Trigger Restrictions I have selected a parent folder with 'Include sub-folders' selected

Logged alert visibility is 'by role'

Am I doing this wrong?

EDIT - looking at the entry in Event Viewer for this event it seems that for this entry it doesn't know the Device ID, IP address, Group or Folder of the controller it is receiving the log from (though the device is added in AW (in a group and folder) and is showing as Up with all that info). Perhaps there's a step I have missed?

Guy

• 2.  RE: Airwave trigger for Cluster state (L2/L3)

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 06, 2023 01:15 PM

Hi Guy,

Does the message from controller comes from the IP that is added to AirWave? If not, then those messages will be dropped.

There are GRE tunnel triggers in Airwave, does that help?
    Trigger Restrictions like  parent folder with 'Include sub-folders' selected and Logged alert visibility is 'by role' is fine. you can leave them as is.

------------------------------
    Regards
    Gowri Amujuri
    ------------------------------