Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: 14 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Android 13 and Aruba Wireless IAP issue

This thread has been viewed 14 times
  • 1.  Android 13 and Aruba Wireless IAP issue

Posted 9 days ago

Hi all,

Hope you are keeping well.

I have a peculiar issue. Currently we have IAP-325 and IAP-205s in a cluster. We've bought a new SmartTech AM60 module for one of our touch screen TVs which is based on Android 13. Prior to this, we had an old AM30 device running on an older Android version.

Issue:

After installing the AM60 device, it connects to our WiFi (internal network perfectly fine) however provides no internet. If I tether the AM60 device from my mobile phone, it works just fine (internet working). In fact if I use our guest network which is on the same Aruba cluster, the internet works fine.

I contacted SmartTech and they suggested to check and download a certificate from the Aruba IAP portal. The thing is, we have other devices including Macbooks, iPads and other android devices and they all work just fine without the Aruba certification. So I don't understand what is so different in android 13. Additionally, when I log into the Aruba Portal, it doesn't have any option to download a certificate. So am confused, as to how to download the certificate on to AM60 device?

To narrow down the issue, I also tried to use a new mobile Samsung A55 device (which is on Android 13) and that device also connects to wifi but does not get any internet access.

I have tried all the usual options, for example switching on/off aeroplane mode. Forget network and re adding the network. Resetting the network settings, factory reset the device and start again. Restarting the IAP 325 and 205s but no success.

Nevertheless, it seems the issue is within our Wifi and I'd really appreciate if someone could help please.

Kind regards

Jay

• 2.  RE: Android 13 and Aruba Wireless IAP issue

EMPLOYEE
    Posted 8 days ago

is this a PSK based or dot1x SSID? 

if it is dot1x, try it with PSK and see just get a base line.

------------------------------
    If my post was useful accept solution and/or give kudos.
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of HPE or Aruba.
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: Android 13 and Aruba Wireless IAP issue

Posted 8 days ago

Hi Jay, in case you are using 802.1X authentication on the SSID I just wanted to point out this link:

Android 11 will no longer let you connect to some enterprise WiFi networks (xda-developers.com)

Since you mentioned it worked with older android devices, this came to mind. We had this exact problem with our 802.1X authentication. For us the solution was easy: just take care of the DNS entry for the radius server and see that the FQDN of the server matches the FQDN in the CN of the server certificate. This way the android 13 client can check the validity of the certificate in the network that it is running in. And of course see that the server is reachable under the above mentioned FQDN.