Wired Intelligent Edge

View Only
last person joined: 15 hours ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

Any way to monitor packet buffers in AOS-CX?

This thread has been viewed 10 times
  • 1.  Any way to monitor packet buffers in AOS-CX?

Posted Sep 11, 2022 06:11 AM
    Hi all,

I have had weird problems lately while having video server connected to 10G sfp+ receiving (or transmitting) multicast streams from/to device connected to 1G port. Video stream (NDI streams having normal around 150-200mbps stream speed) has quite static drops about once a second and it seems very much like buffer getting full but there is no drops reported in "sh int x/y/z" or queues. When server is in 1G port situation gets better but there is still ocassional drops. I have tested this hapens in star network and inside one switch having proper igmp snooping/querier setup. 

When streams are in unicast format everything is okay but while we need to have one stream in several receivers multicast is MUST to have.

Is there any way to monitor whats going on in multicast forwarding  process or buffers or global packet buffers to rule out switch problems?

------------------------------
    Jori Luoto
    ------------------------------

• 2.  RE: Any way to monitor packet buffers in AOS-CX?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 12, 2022 08:35 AM
    If show interface queues does not show any drops, if rate-limiting is not used, then I would suggest to open a ticket to TAC for analysis.