Security

View Only
last person joined: 8 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

AOS 10 MAC Filter for Wireless via ClearPass

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  AOS 10 MAC Filter for Wireless via ClearPass

Posted 14 days ago

Looking for someone to point me to a how-to or something similar. Im looking for information on how to create a mac filter for ssid's via ClearPass. Currently in AOS 8 you can make ssid's filter device connections via mac address on the VC local server. But going into AOS 10 that local server feature has been removed. So the next option is to use ClearPass. Im not familiar with ClearPass and was hoping to find direction on how to get a mac address repository setup to when users connect to a ssid ClearPass will grant the connection based on the mac address list.

------------------------------
    Mr. MKP
    Network Administrator

• 2.  RE: AOS 10 MAC Filter for Wireless via ClearPass

EMPLOYEE
    Posted 14 days ago

You can do it in a number of ways. 

One simple way would be to add your MAC addresses as users to the local ClearPass. (the password for the users will also be the MAC addresses.

Then create a MAC auth service to accept authentication requests and to check it against the local database.

If my post was useful accept solution and/or give kudos.
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of HPE or Aruba.

• 3.  RE: AOS 10 MAC Filter for Wireless via ClearPass

EMPLOYEE
    Posted 13 days ago

you can also use CloudAuth in Aruba Central for MAC auth for both wired and wireless.

If my post was useful accept solution and/or give kudos.
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of HPE or Aruba.