Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

AOS 6 EOL/EOS

This thread has been viewed 37 times
  • 1.  AOS 6 EOL/EOS

Posted May 24, 2022 05:20 AM
    Hi All,

Is anyone able to tell me if and when EOL or EOS for AOS 6 is? 

Aruba's EOL documentation doesn't seem to cover AOS 6 anymore and i cant find the information anywhere?

Thanks,

------------------------------
    Ben Casey

• 2.  RE: AOS 6 EOL/EOS

MVP EXPERT
    Posted May 24, 2022 05:49 AM
    6.5 eol 31st august 2022
    A

Sent from my iPhone

• 3.  RE: AOS 6 EOL/EOS

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 07, 2022 09:09 AM
    On the EOL page, select ArubaOS to find the EOM/EOS dates for all AOS versions.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 4.  RE: AOS 6 EOL/EOS

Posted Feb 01, 2023 10:07 AM
    Hi All,

As I am unable to initiate discussion, I am asking a question regarding AOS 6.x via this thread. Does AOS 6.x architecture support seamless campus roaming like in AOS 8.x architecture? I appreciate in advance for your response.

• 5.  RE: AOS 6 EOL/EOS

MVP
    Posted Feb 02, 2023 10:18 AM
    AOS 6 is listed on the page with this caveat:

For ArubaOS 8.6.x and earlier, the list below shows the first SR (Standard Release) and CR (Conservative Release) for a release stream.
    https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/end-of-life/#product=arubaos&version=0

Bruce Osborne ACCP ACMP
    Liberty University

The views expressed here are my personal views and not those of my employer

• 6.  RE: AOS 6 EOL/EOS

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 06, 2023 04:58 AM
    Yes it does, while in AOS8 the scalability is much higher.

Please note that that AOS6 is end of life and end of support, which means that you should not deploy it anymore. Best is to work with your Aruba partner to get you going.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 7.  RE: AOS 6 EOL/EOS

Posted Feb 06, 2023 06:42 AM
    Thank you @Herman Robers