Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

AOS 8.10.0.6 and AirGroup ver 2

This thread has been viewed 16 times
  • 1.  AOS 8.10.0.6 and AirGroup ver 2

Posted Jun 03, 2023 07:21 PM

I just upgraded our cluster from 8.7.1.10 to 8.10.0.6. Everything seems fine except it appears that AirGroup has been updated from v1 to v2. 

In v1, we were able to tag wired AirGroup servers to an AP group, keeping those servers visible to clients only connected to that AP group. Is there a way to do this in Airgroup v2? This is very important as we don't want users seeing printers and Apple TVs in other buildings that are wired. 

Any ideas?

------------------------------
    Nathan K

• 2.  RE: AOS 8.10.0.6 and AirGroup ver 2

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 05, 2023 04:02 AM

Hi,

this should be available - https://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ArubaOS_8.11.0_Web_Help/Content/arubaos-solutions/airgroup/agrp-over.htm

• Wired servers are added to managed device-tagged, cluster-tagged, or untagged list. Wired servers in the untagged list cannot be discovered. Wired servers in the untagged list do not have a unique managed device or cluster location and:
      • If a ClearPass Policy Manager policy is present, it will be applied.
      • managed device-tagged wired server will be visible to AirGroup users connected the same managed device.
      • A cluster-tagged wired server will be visible to AirGroup users connected to the same cluster.

Do you see those AirGroup Servers
    show airgroup servers

• 3.  RE: AOS 8.10.0.6 and AirGroup ver 2

Posted Jun 05, 2023 08:37 AM

Yes, the wired airgroup servers show up for any user in the entire cluster. With AirGroup ver 1, we were able to tag wired servers to a specific AP group which contained the discovery of specific wired servers to certain buildings. Now that's gone. I don't want users in one building seeing AirPlay and AirPrint devices in other buildings.

Also, we don't have Clearpass. If Clearpass is now needed for what I was able to do before, I'm not going to be a happy camper.

Nathan K