SD-WAN

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Forum to discuss HPE Aruba EdgeConnect SD-WAN and SD-Branch solutions. This includes SD-WAN Orchestration WAN edge network functions - routing, security, zone-based firewall, segmentation and WAN optimization, micro-branch solutions, best practics, and third-party integrations. All things SD-WAN!
Expand all | Collapse all

AOS 8.7 EOL -> Aruba Central

This thread has been viewed 20 times
  • 1.  AOS 8.7 EOL -> Aruba Central

Posted Jul 26, 2023 11:00 AM

Hello,

i have some Branch Gateways and VPNCs still running on AOS 8.7.

I know its not a good idea to use unsupported software , but the system will still work in conjunction with Aruba Central the next time?

• 2.  RE: AOS 8.7 EOL -> Aruba Central

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 27, 2023 04:13 AM

if you have SD-Branch gateways and VPNCs that are currently working with Aruba Central, it is advisable to upgrade them to the recommended version that is 10.4.0.2.

if it is currently working with 8.7.x,  and Central, it will be fine until you need to contact TAC and the first thing they will tell you is to upgraded to supported firmware version.

------------------------------
    If my post was useful accept solution and/or give kudos.
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of HPE or Aruba.

• 3.  RE: AOS 8.7 EOL -> Aruba Central

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 27, 2023 05:14 PM

Hi CT,

I may not be understanding your question correctly in relation to AOS version and Central "the next time".

Here is the Branch Gateways and VPNCs AOS supported versions matrix.

https://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/central/latest/content/sd-branch/overview/supported_gateways.htm

Hope this answers your question, or let us know if assistance is still needed.

Thanks

• 4.  RE: AOS 8.7 EOL -> Aruba Central

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 27, 2023 05:14 PM

Hi CT,

I may not be understanding your exact question correctly. What do you mean by "work with Central next time"?

Here is our Branch Gateways and VPNC AOS compatibility matrix, which may help.

https://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/central/latest/content/sd-branch/overview/supported_gateways.htm

Please let us know if questions remain.

Paul