Wired Intelligent Edge

View Only
last person joined: 15 hours ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

AOS-CX not starting on Eve-NG with Proxmox

This thread has been viewed 33 times
  • 1.  AOS-CX not starting on Eve-NG with Proxmox

Posted Nov 27, 2023 04:56 PM

Hello, 

I'm desperately trying to start a virtual lab for AOS-CX on EveNG.
    After all my debugging, I can't start the AOS-CX : the devices either doesn't start at all, or it starts but stays on a black screen when opening console.

I have a Lubuntu VM with EveNG 5.0.1-13 installed on it. This VM is hosted on a Proxmox Server.
    The VM has 64Gb of RAM, CPU is set to 12Vcores with direct CPU access (host mode)

I have followed the EveNG tutorial to export ova to qcow2 and then place it in /opt/unetlab/addons/qemu/[arubacxversion]
    The file is exactly named virtioa.qcow2

I have tried those versions : arubacx10.05, .06, 07, .12, .13

None of them seem to boot up properly, I have no relevant error log on every log file that eveNG has to offer.

What can I do?

• 2.  RE: AOS-CX not starting on Eve-NG with Proxmox

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 27, 2023 05:02 PM

Hi Clement,

EVE-NG running on Proxmox, as of today, it is not a supported platform for the CX Simulator. And unfortunately, I don't have a Proxmox server to test it myself.

If anyone in the community can test it, please share your experience here.

Regards.

• 3.  RE: AOS-CX not starting on Eve-NG with Proxmox

Posted Nov 27, 2023 05:37 PM
      |   view attached

Follow this guide, you should be ok. ;) 

https://egstory.net/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/Aruba-AOS-CX-Simulator-EVE-NG-Deployment-Guide.pdf

Patrick

Attachment(s)

• 4.  RE: AOS-CX not starting on Eve-NG with Proxmox

Posted Nov 28, 2023 02:29 AM

Sorry but that's exactly the guide I followed as mentionned in my first message, and it didn't help me.

• 5.  RE: AOS-CX not starting on Eve-NG with Proxmox

Posted 15 days ago

I have CX  10.13 running on EVENG on Proxmox.

On Proxmox, VMs do not support nested virtualization  and you need to enable it.

1 - First, your Promox server need to have nested virtualization enabled, you can confirm it with the command below (the response has to be Y):

cat /sys/module/kvm_intel/parameters/nested
    Y

2- The EVENG VM it self to support nested virtualization:

- Shutdown the EVENG VM,

- Go the CPU setting of the EVENG VM and make sure Type is set to host and not something else (just like the Screenshot below)

- Start your EVENG VM, then you should be fine and start building your labs.

Good Luck

Achraf Harkati