Wired Intelligent Edge

View Only
last person joined: 16 hours ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

AOS-CX port access and radius logging

This thread has been viewed 15 times
  • 1.  AOS-CX port access and radius logging

Posted Sep 13, 2022 06:41 PM
    I have a switch running AOS-CX 10.8 testing MAC based port security, and debug settings:
    debug portaccess all
    debug aaa all
    debug radius all

When port is authenticated, I see events in debug buffer from portaccess, but nothing from aaa, and the only radius events appear to be from a periodic task for "Radius Server Update Authentication Stats"

I was expecting to see more detail on the radius request with this configuration as I do on Cisco or HPE, at least identifying a request was sent to a particular server. If I take all the radius servers offline I do get timeout events from portaccess, but the event doesn't even identify which radius server the timeout was for.

Am I missing something that can provide more detail here?

• 2.  RE: AOS-CX port access and radius logging

MVP GURU
    Posted Sep 14, 2022 07:42 AM
    Take a look starting at page 10 of this document. It may not be for the same version or switch model, but the debug commands should be the same. These guides can be found on asp.arubanetworks.com : https://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/AOS-CX/10.07/PDF/5200-7847.pdf

------------------------------
    Dustin Burns

Lead Mobility Engineer @Worldcom Exchange, Inc.

ACCX 1271| ACMX 509| ACSP | ACDA | MVP Guru 2022
    If my post was useful accept solution and/or give kudos
    ------------------------------