SD-WAN

View Only
last person joined: 5 days ago 

Forum to discuss HPE Aruba EdgeConnect SD-WAN and SD-Branch solutions. This includes SD-WAN Orchestration WAN edge network functions - routing, security, zone-based firewall, segmentation and WAN optimization, micro-branch solutions, best practics, and third-party integrations. All things SD-WAN!
Expand all | Collapse all

AOS10 VPNC with AOS8 Branch Gateways

This thread has been viewed 18 times
  • 1.  AOS10 VPNC with AOS8 Branch Gateways

Posted Dec 29, 2023 08:41 AM

Hi everyone,

We are migrating to AOS10 for our environment and have deployed a new AOS10 VPNC into an Azure Region and would like to upgrade our primary Region VPNC to AOS10 from AOS8, but wanted to do the VPNCs first and then do the branches... Is there some documentation about compatibility of across AOS10/8 or do we just have to bring everything up to AOS10 in one hit?

Thanks!

Stefano

• 2.  RE: AOS10 VPNC with AOS8 Branch Gateways

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 31, 2023 01:46 AM

what is the firmware version you are running on your branch gateways?

------------------------------
    If my post was useful accept solution and/or give kudos.
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of HPE or Aruba.

• 3.  RE: AOS10 VPNC with AOS8 Branch Gateways

Posted Dec 31, 2023 09:30 PM
    • The vGateway deployed in our Prod Azure Region is running AOS 8.7.0.0-2.3.0.9_85196
    • The vGateway deployed in our DR Azure Region is now AOS 10.5.0.0_87691
    • The Branch Gateways in our primary office is running AOS 8.7.0.0-2.3.0.9_85196

• 4.  RE: AOS10 VPNC with AOS8 Branch Gateways
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 01, 2024 05:20 PM

I suggest to use 10.5.0.1 which is the latest maintenance release for it. its a good plan to start with the VPNCs and then upgrade the BGWs.

The SD-Branch firmware which in your case is AOS 8.7.0.0-2.3.0.9_85196 has merged with AOS10.

Also note that SD-branch firmware 8.7.0.0-2.x is end of support. 

If my post was useful accept solution and/or give kudos.
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of HPE or Aruba.

• 5.  RE: AOS10 VPNC with AOS8 Branch Gateways

Posted Jan 04, 2024 05:17 PM

Thank you for the very useful information. We were not aware of the end of support of 8.7.0.0-2.x. We have begun the upgrade process as you have suggested and have found our SD-WAN performance has improved as well.

I really appreciate the response!