Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: 11 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

AP 225 won't license to VMC

This thread has been viewed 14 times
  • 1.  AP 225 won't license to VMC

Posted May 18, 2023 04:54 PM

Hello everyone,

I am new to ARUBA products, I am doing a test lab, I have an ArubaOS 8.6.0.21_86650 VMC installed on a hyperv server and I have an APIN0225 terminal that I have configured in campus mode, I installed the evaluation licenses provided by Aruba support for 4 wifi access points but my APIN0225 access point remains in the "2IL" state despite a reset and several restarts, the power led flashes permanently and the access point restarts in a loop :

However, there are 4 licenses available on the VMC:

I do not understand why the license does not activate, can someone help me?

Thanks in advance.

• 2.  RE: AP 225 won't license to VMC

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 19, 2023 09:13 AM

Hi, can you give an CLI output of 
    show license
    please.
    If there is an R Falg the Controller needs to reboot before License gets active.

Reference - https://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/CLI-Bank/Content/aos8/sh-license.htm

As a Newbe I can recommend the AirHeads Broadcasting Channel on youtube with an step by step guide - https://www.youtube.com/@AirheadsBroadcasting

You will see a video Series for AOS8.2 and 8.9 on that channel.

• 3.  RE: AP 225 won't license to VMC

Posted May 19, 2023 11:29 AM

Hi,

thanks for your answer, the flag is ES for Enabled :

• 4.  RE: AP 225 won't license to VMC

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 25, 2023 11:46 AM

The controller log may show a reason why  the AP is not being assigned a license. Run 'show log all 200' on the CLI (SSH/Serial console) to get the latest 200 lines. Best to do that just after the AP booted; and in general you can see there how the AP connects and then why it is rejected.

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.
    ------------------------------

• 5.  RE: AP 225 won't license to VMC

Posted May 25, 2023 03:19 PM

Good morning,

Thank you for your answer, indeed there is an error message related to the license in the logs but I don't understand what the problem is exactly, the licenses for the VMC were given to me by Aruba support and I Installed everything as instructed by support.

Could you tell me how to proceed?

Thanks.