Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: 21 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

AP-303HR Remote AP Without Mobility Controller

This thread has been viewed 13 times
  • 1.  AP-303HR Remote AP Without Mobility Controller

Posted Jun 09, 2022 01:08 PM
    Hi,

Just started playing around with the above model. I believe I have the answer to my own question but I want to bounce this off you all.

The use case is that this AP will be used to connect back to the Corporate LAN over an IPSEC VPN Tunnel. Problem is (and I think this has been an oversight) there is no mobility controller at the customer site in order to create or terminate the VPN tunnel. Am I correct in thinking that this is a requirement or is there away to achieve this goal with no mobility controller (i.e either in standalone mode or utilising Aruba Central).

Thanks in advance.

• 2.  RE: AP-303HR Remote AP Without Mobility Controller

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 09, 2022 01:20 PM
    A remote AP will not work without a controller, unfortunately.

------------------------------
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

HPE Design and Deploy Guides: https://community.arubanetworks.com/support/migrated-knowledge-base?attachments=&communitykey=dcc83c62-1a3a-4dd8-94dc-92968ea6fff1&pageindex=0&pagesize=12&search=&sort=most_recent&viewtype=card

• 3.  RE: AP-303HR Remote AP Without Mobility Controller

Posted Jun 11, 2022 06:34 PM
    you can provision AP as remote AP in Persistent mode. check this doc , there are multiples modes for remote APs, in case of persistent: 
    ESSID is up when the AP contacts the Managed Device and stays up if connectivity is disrupted with the Managed Device.

• 4.  RE: AP-303HR Remote AP Without Mobility Controller

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 11, 2022 10:02 PM
    You can  certainly do that, but it  still requires a controller to provision it, and then manage and troubleshoot it as a remote AP.

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

HPE Design and Deploy Guides: https://community.arubanetworks.com/support/migrated-knowledge-base?attachments=&communitykey=dcc83c62-1a3a-4dd8-94dc-92968ea6fff1&pageindex=0&pagesize=12&search=&sort=most_recent&viewtype=card