Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

AP-500 series - Best AP for wall mount

This thread has been viewed 64 times
  • 1.  AP-500 series - Best AP for wall mount

Posted Dec 15, 2021 09:12 AM
    Hi everyone,

I'm looking to the 500 series but I cant figure which AP is best for wall mounting. I believe the 505 is optimized for ceilling mount but does it work if it gets mounted in a wall or is the 504 better for this mounting position?

Does anyboy have experience regarding this?

Thanks.

------------------------------
    Jota New

• 2.  RE: AP-500 series - Best AP for wall mount

Posted Dec 15, 2021 11:15 AM
    The best AP is probably driven more by your coverage and density needs, right?

If you need to wall mount because of physical mounting limitations (we have some rooms where the ceiling simply can't be attached to easily), we've had great success with the Oberon right angle mounts with ceiling mount designed APs.

Jay Burling

• 3.  RE: AP-500 series - Best AP for wall mount

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Dec 15, 2021 11:51 AM
    All indoor Aruba AP's (except the hospitality) models with internal antennas are designed/optimized with antenna patterns for horizontal placement. When mounting on a wall is required the Oberon mount kits are a very good, nice looking option. 1006-ARAP505 - Oberon

An AP-504 has external antennas and you can put a sector antenna on it, depends on your design and requirements. 
    Marcel Koedijk | MVP Guru 2021 | ACEP | ACMP | ACCP | ACDP | Ekahau ECSE | Not an HPE Employee | Opionions are my own

• 4.  RE: AP-500 series - Best AP for wall mount

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 15, 2021 12:41 PM
    You may have a look at the 505H, which is designed for wall(box) mounting. Depending on the environment, and design/capacity requirements you may have different solutions. Best is to consult someone who can create a proper design and select the APs or provide the options.

504 with omni antenna may work as well, but it's impossible to tell without more information like a survey/design.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 5.  RE: AP-500 series - Best AP for wall mount

Posted May 09, 2023 04:22 PM

Hi mkk, We have 505 AP here ...  

But in a place we are with problem to connect by 2.4Ghz.  But with 5Ghz works normally. 

Did you alredy  see this problem before? 

Kind regards

• 6.  RE: AP-500 series - Best AP for wall mount

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 12, 2023 08:54 AM

That does not look like a mounting question. For off-topic questions, please open a new topic thread.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 7.  RE: AP-500 series - Best AP for wall mount

MVP GURU
    Posted Dec 15, 2021 02:14 PM
    See attached for examples of mounting.
    1. 505 Attached to wall with Oberon 90-degree mount (Facing down)
    2. 505 Attached to the wall (Facing into the room)
    3. 504 with Diploles and mounted on the wall.
    4. 505H mounted on the wall

Dustin Burns
    Lead Mobility Engineer @WEI

ACCX 1271| ACMX 509| ACSP | ACDA | MVP Guru 2021
    If my post was useful accept solution and/or give kudos

• 8.  RE: AP-500 series - Best AP for wall mount

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Dec 15, 2021 03:21 PM
    One more thing to noted. In some senarios it's not a big problem to place access points vertical (like a clock). But you have to understand it will put a lot energy to the floor above an below which can be give more co-channel interference. Just design and understand what the pattern do.

Some simultation of AP placement on ceiling or wall can be found here:
    https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6867493438875684864/

Marcel Koedijk | MVP Guru 2021 | ACEP | ACMP | ACCP | ACDP | Ekahau ECSE | Not an HPE Employee | Opionions are my own