Controllerless Networks

View Only
last person joined: 6 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

AP-505 will not go into discovery mode

This thread has been viewed 8 times
  • 1.  AP-505 will not go into discovery mode

Posted 12 days ago

I have two AP-505s that I installed at a client last year.  I used the virtual controller to manage both.   I do not recall registering these with Activate or any other Aruba site.  Just recently, the company I work for was aquired by another company who has asked me to put these Arubas on their InstantOn Portal.  I had tried to delete one of the APs on the virtual controller, but the icon was greyed out.  I did the power off reset but it would just reappear in the virtual controller.

I took the AP home, got it on my PoE switch and did another reset.  I cannot get this AP into discovery mode of the alternate green/amber lights.  During reset, I get red, then amber, then slow flashing green.  After awhile, the system light will be a solid green while the radio light flashes green every 2 seconds.

I updated the firmware of the AP to 8.12, tried the reset again, but still no dice.  Lights still behave as explained above.  I do not have the console cable to get in.   The AP does grab a IP from DHCP and I can get into the web UI.

Am I missing something?  

• 2.  RE: AP-505 will not go into discovery mode

EMPLOYEE
    Posted 11 days ago

Instant and Instant On are two separate products and will not be managed by the Instant On portal.

------------------------------
    Carson Hulcher, ACEX#110
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: AP-505 will not go into discovery mode

Posted 11 days ago

Thank you.  I don't have a lot of experience with Arubas.  I pulled one of the APs down and showed it to my tech and he realized that it wasn't an InstantOn compatible device.