Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

AP-515 Weird Connection

This thread has been viewed 36 times
  • 1.  AP-515 Weird Connection

Posted Feb 28, 2024 09:59 AM
    Hi everyone,

I have many AP-515 in company. Nowadays we have some problem about conneciton to AP's. Some personels connect to far AP but other personels connect to AP of the office. They have same computer, same cards but connection points diffrent. We don't understand that problem. Do you have an ideo about that? I can send photos. 

• 2.  RE: AP-515 Weird Connection

Posted Feb 28, 2024 11:18 AM

Looks like you have sticky clients. Here is a good post on how to deal with them.

https://community.arubanetworks.com/community-home/librarydocuments/viewdocument?DocumentKey=6bb90c93-b2fd-48ef-83b0-3a1d74e59ba2&CommunityKey=39a6bdf4-2376-46f9-853a-49420d2d0caa&tab=librarydocuments

------------------------------
    /AJ

• 3.  RE: AP-515 Weird Connection

Posted Feb 29, 2024 03:02 AM
      |   view attached
    Thanks for you reply. I understood what you mean. I checked codes which your send. I saw the client connected to AP-1 (There is a * in the flag). How can I do recreate associate database or reconnect to AP-2? 
    "Sistem Odasi" is AP-1 of image 1. "InsanKaynaklari" is AP-2 of image 2. The AP-2 is very close to client.
    I think try to change DBm settings in the group.

• 4.  RE: AP-515 Weird Connection

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 01, 2024 07:41 AM

If you have an Android phone/device, you may use Aruba Utilities to see signal strengths while you are in room 2. There may be a damage to your AP2 resulting in poor signal strengths.

But before that, it may be that your client refuses to connect to channel 124, which is used by AP2. Setting the AP temporarily to another channel can rule that possibility out.

One other test you could do is while the situation in the diagram happens, so client connected to AP1 while in room 2 next to AP2, you could disable WiFi on the client and then enable/reconnect, to see if in that case it will connect to AP2; or reboot (just) AP1 and see if the client roams then.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 5.  RE: AP-515 Weird Connection

Posted Mar 05, 2024 04:02 AM

I tested your suggestions and I've turned off AP-1 because off I noticed AP-1 doesn't have many clients.. Today, everybody connect to AP-2. 

But another problem occured. :) 

You remember AP-2 in Room 2. Client 1 connected to AP-2 but not clear. It's connection is looking fair in Mobility Master. But there are 2 tiny wall between client. Is AP-515 have problem about antenna power?

AP2
    Another problem is; Client 4, look directly to AP-2 but sometimes It doesn't give reply to ping messages.The user fells from network, sees world icon in connection panel, sometimes connects network automatically but sometimes manually. I received requests same problem from many users in diffrent AP's. I attached ping test, controller output and Ap's group settings.

I didn't understand that :)

• 6.  RE: AP-515 Weird Connection
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 25, 2024 05:05 AM

Hi everyone!

I solved that problem with update :) I was using ArubaOS 8.7 and I updated to 8.10. Problem has solved :) Thx for all!

SolvedProblem