Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: 8 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

AP-535 compatibility with controller 7205

This thread has been viewed 14 times
  • 1.  AP-535 compatibility with controller 7205

Posted 21 days ago

Hello Bro,

I am buying a new number of AP-535 to joine the current wi-fi deployment that includes ap-505, AP-305, aruba controller 7205, and aruba OS 8.6.0.21.

Do this AP-535 with work in this environment with no problems? 

• 2.  RE: AP-535 compatibility with controller 7205

MVP EXPERT
    Posted 21 days ago

Hi Mohammed,

Sure! The AP-535 is supported on your Aruba 7205 controller with this firmware. See datasheets "For unrestricted operation, use 8.6.0.0 or later..

Keep in mind the max. aminkount is 256 Access Points for a 7205 controller.

Also required to buy the require" Ld licenses, which are the same licenses as your current access points. (AP Capacity, PEF, RF-Protect, Web-CC, etc.)

Note that ArubaOS 8.6.x.x is end-of-support since November 2023. I would recommend the latest LSR release what is currently ArubaOS 8.10.0.12. 

See also https://networkingsupport.hpe.com/

------------------------------
    Marcel Koedijk | MVP Expert 2024 | ACEP | ACMP | ACCP | ACDP | Ekahau ECSE | Not an HPE Employee | Opinions are my own
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: AP-535 compatibility with controller 7205

Posted 21 days ago

Thank you so much Bro, I got your point, firstly I will start controller 7205 arubaOS 8.6.0.21 because I still have a few AP-103, and as soon as I retire them I will upgrade to your suggested code ASAP.

Thank you.