Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: 18 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

AP-5xx Common Mounts

This thread has been viewed 20 times
  • 1.  AP-5xx Common Mounts

Posted Nov 11, 2022 05:13 AM
    Hello all,

One of our customers has lost the 'common mounts' that are attached to the bottom of the AP. These are the ones that are screwed onto the rear of the AP and already attached when they come out of the box, not the normal orderable mounts that fasten to a suspended ceiling or wall.

Not sure why they removed them. Are these items orderable, I checked the ordering guides and Iris but I can't find anything.

------------------------------
    Jason

• 2.  RE: AP-5xx Common Mounts

Posted Nov 11, 2022 08:28 AM
    The "fixed" bracket is factory installed as shown in the image.
    I believe there is NO option for replacement.

You may want to talk to a local sales person or SE for the best advice...

• 3.  RE: AP-5xx Common Mounts
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 11, 2022 08:54 AM
    I think you need: AP-MNT-MP10-AP (S0J39A): 10-pack AP back brace spare, but please have that validated by your supplier.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 4.  RE: AP-5xx Common Mounts

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 13, 2022 10:50 AM
    That's right. We recently introduced a 10-pack of spares (with 20 screws) for the AP "back braces". While these are not intended to ever be removed, we found that customers sometimes do and lose the parts. PLM got tired of shipping replacement parts, so we introduced an orderable SKU for this.

• 5.  RE: AP-5xx Common Mounts

Posted Nov 14, 2022 07:19 AM
    Brilliant thanks Onno and Herman. I don't know why they removed them but at least they can now buy replacements.

Jason